As Christmas is almost here and more of us are giving vouchers or money I thought I'd design a handy gift card / money wallet for those last minute gifts. They are very easy to make and fairy quick once you get going. They are also a great craft fair seller and easy to adapt to any theme that you like. I've written up the instructions for a Christmas version but I'll also post some photos of an every day version below the instructions. I also added a folding diagram and If anyone would like me to email them a full size copy, (it's an A4 sized jpeg) just email me on email@example.com.
Quick and Easy Gift Card/Money wallet
Timing 30 minutes
Acid Drops & Whatnots A4 Topper ADTOPC11
A4 sheet of Gold mirri card
A4 sheet of silver mirri card
Le Suh Fantasie paper pack 412461 Tiny Rose
1.5cm sheer red ribbon
How to create
1. Take the 12" x 12" red cardstock and fold it in half, top to bottom. Use a bone folder to press the crease. Open the card and re-fold the opposite way, and again use the bone folder to press the crease.
2. Repeat step 1 folding left to right, open the card flat.
3. With the wrong side of the card, (if there is one),facing you, cut up the vertical crease from the bottom of the card to the horizontal fold.
4. Fold the bottom of the right hand panel up to the horizontal fold . Use a bone folder to press the crease. Open the card and re-fold the opposite way, and again use the bone folder to press the crease, open the card flat. With the wrong side of the card towards you, use an adhesive of you choice, ( I like to use double sided tape as it's quick and clean), and stick the 2 halves of the bottom right hand panel together.
5. Fold the bottom left hand panel in half diagonally, bringing the bottom right hand corner up to the top left hand corner. Use a bone folder to press the crease. Open the card and re-fold the opposite way, and again use the bone folder to press the crease. Open the card flat. With the wrong side of the card towards you, stick the 2 halves of the bottom left hand panel together.
6. Apply a strip of double side tape to the right and left hand edges of the bottom right hand panel and fold it up to make the pocket. Apply a strip of double sided tape to the left hand edge of the left panel and fold up to make the pocket.
7. Cut 2 squares of gold Mirri card 14.5cms x 14.5cms and layer 1 onto the front of the wallet, leaving an even border on all 4 sides. Cut 2 pieces of the red/gold Le Suh fantasie paper from the pack 14cms x 14 cms and layer 1 onto the gold mirri card leaving an even border on all 4 sides.
8. Cut the remaining squares of gold mirri card and the red/gold Le Suh Fantasie paper in half diagonally and layer 1 half of each onto the inside left pocket of the wallet.
9. Cut a piece of gold mirri card 7cm x 14.5cm x 7cms and layer onto the inside right hand pocket of the wallet leaving an even border on all 4 sides. Cut a piece of red /gold Le Suh paper 6.5cms x 14cms and layer onto the gold mirri card on the right hand pocket of the wallet again leaving an even border on all 4 sides.
10. Cut the image and the wording panel from the topper leaving an even white border on all 4 sides. Layer them onto gold mirri card and trim to leave a narrow even border on all 4 sides. Layer the image panel onto the front of the wallet 1.5cm down from the top and 2cms in from each edge.
11. Cut a about 66cm of red sheer ribbon and fold in half. With the fold of the ribbon over the fold of the card and the ends of equal length over to the right hand side of the card adjust the ribbon until the bottom edge is 2.5 cms up from the bottom. Layer on the wording panel, over the ribbon midway across the card. tie the ribbon into a bow that sits over to the right hand side of the card.
12. Cut a piece of mirri card 3cms x 4cms, turn the wallet over and layer the it over the ribbon on the back of the wallet. This will help keep the ribbon tidy when the wallet is open.