Welcome to the world of Acid Drops & Whatnots

Welcome to the world of Acid Drops & Whatnots
A collection of wickedly witty stamps for the world we live in today inspired by the art of yesterday

Saturday, 2 March 2013

Owls, hawks and the 'poo' in shampoo

Well I'm back from my owl flying experience with all my digits intact and I know now where the 'poo' in shampoo came from. One of the hawks decided that although my glove was good, my head was better and proceeded to use it as a toilet, the owl preferred my arm! needless to say I had to by a lottery ticket after that, as I don't know about your part of the world, but where I come from in east London it's counted as good luck.

It was a wonderful day if a bit on the cold side and we flew 4 birds, a barn owl, an eagle owl, who was so lovely, he was fine being stroked and liked to nibble playfully at your fingers, and 2 Harris hawks. We got to handle the birds more that I thought we would and the guy was very knowledgeable and helpful. I would dearly love to do it again and would recommend anyone who wanted to handle birds or do more serious training to google Lavenham falconry. 

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh Yes! Deb did her official photographer bit with her super duper new camera, she ran through 2 batteries! She's going to be loading them onto a disc for me so loads and loads. I hope she got one of the eagle owl when he was right next to my face and playing with my nose. It was hard to imagine such a sweet natured and gentle bird could take out a hare and possibly even larger prey. I need to save my pennies, I'd love to do that again.

      Delete
  2. Well what a fantastic thing to do Karen. It must have been a wonderful feeling to handle such awsome birds. It's something I've always wanted to do but, I'm a bit afraid of birds, but so love them. We went to Dunrobin Castle a few years back where they have a falconary, and watched the birds flying, really amazing birds.

    We have friends who have Red Kites come into their garden, and we have watched them, wonderful.
    Great you had such a wonderful day.

    Pleased you like Marsha, and yes put it on your Facebook site.
    Cheers Kate x

    ReplyDelete