Timing 30 minutes
Acid Drops & Whatnots clear stamp sets AD39 Marry It,
ADFB4 Square Ornamental Frames, ADFB1 Ornamental Frames
White A5 card blank (A4 folded in half)
Le Suh Fireworks Fantasie paper pink & green
Silver Mirri card
Letraset Pro Markers
Tuxedo black Memento ink pad
Sakura stardust pen gold xpgb703
Hobbycraft green and pink iridescent gems
How to create
1. Stamp the largest square frame onto a piece of white card. Stamp the large lady image into the square over to the bottom right hand side, lining up the left hand edge of the image to the left hand edge of the frame. Stamp the ‘Birthday‘quote into the top left corner of the frame. Making sure that the ink is thoroughly dry, colour with the Letraset pro markers, don’t forget to add shading to the right hand side of the characters and the inside edge of the frame. Refer to the photo for details.
2. Trim the white card to leave a narrow (2/3mm) border all around the frame. Mount stamped image into a corner of the silver mirri card leaving a narrow border on 2 sides and trim the other 2 sides to match.
3. Cut a piece of the pink firework paper 21 x 8.5cm and layer it across the top of the A5 card blank, lining up the top, left and right hand edges. Cut a piece of the green firework paper 21cm x 7mm and a piece of silver mirri card 21cm x 1.3cm. Layer the green paper onto the silver mirri border leaving an even border top and bottom. Layer this across the card over the bottom edge of the pink paper.
4. Take the smallest rectangle frame stamp and stamp it into the bottom right hand corner of the card. Repeat shading around the inside of the frame as in step 1. Stamp the second half of the quote into the frame.
5. Layer the framed lady panel into the top left hand corner of the card leaving an equal distance from the top and left hand edges of the folded card. Add 3 x 5mm, 2 x 4mm and 2 x 3mm green gems to top right hand corner of the card and a vertical line of 1 x 5mm, 2 x 4mm and 2 x 3mm pink gems to the bottom left hand corner.
6. Use the gold stardust pen to add a glittering highlight to her jewellery and small gems as desired.
A good way to balance a card layout and fill any blank spaces is to add a row of gems. With this angular style of card making squares work well and add to the overall theme just make sure to keep to your accent colour.