Dotty Home Dec Hanging
Timing 45 minutes
Free Acid Drops & Whatnots cover mount set
A4 sheets of white card
12" x 12" Double sided brown dotty / pink paper
Grey board / mount board
Letraset Pro Markers
3 pink paper distressed flowers, 2 leaves, small white paper rosebud
Pink 3mm ribbon
1 x 3mm ab gem
Fine black liner pen
Paper sanding block
Black Soot Distress pad
Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad
Baby sponge or cut n dry foam
Brown medium gauge craft wire
Tombow glue stick
Paper Drill / Eyelet tool & Hammer
How to create
1. Cut a piece of grey board 18.5cm x 12.5cm. Cut 2 pieces of dotty paper 19.5cm x 13.5 cm. Using the Tombow glue stick, apply one of the pieces of dotty paper to the mount board, allow to Dry. Trim off excess paper with a knife and cutting board. Repeat for the other side.
2. Sand all of the edges, going front to back only, until you have a rounded white edge. Do this to both sides.
3. Cut a piece of white card 13cm x 8cm. Stamp the woman with mirror image over to the left hand side and the quote to the right hand side using the Tuxedo black Memento pad. Colour with Pro markers.
4. Cut a piece of the dotty paper 13.5cm x 8.5cm. With the sponge and the Soot Black distress pad lightly buff the edges of the spotty board, the stamped white panel and the pink side of the double sided paper. With your fine black liner pen draw a line around the outside of the image panel, breaking it up with dots if desired.
5. Layer the white stamped panel onto the pink side of the double sided paper and then down onto the spotty covered board leaving an even border on all sides. Punch a hole in the top right and left corners of the board.
6. Take about 1.5m of the brown craft wire, loosely fold in half. To make the heart, cross the ends over and gently fold down until the wire crosses at the bottom. Twist a couple of times to hold wire in shape. Adjust the shape of the heart as needed. Thread one end of the wire from the back through each hole, bring the excess up to the top of the board and twist the end of the wire back around to fasten, snip of any excess.
7. Cut 4 lengths of the ribbon long enough to make a good sized bow and tie them around the twisted wire a t the bottom of the heart. Apply the 3 pink flowers and the leaves to the bottom right hand corner and the white rose to the top left hand corner. Apply the AB gem to the lady's ear.
Sanding the edges of any paper covered board gives it a much more rounded and professional finish camouflaging any rough edges and getting rid of excess paper. Gently buff the edges with ink, or leave with the distressed paper showing, whichever look you like they both work just as well.