Welcome to the world of Acid Drops & Whatnots

Welcome to the world of Acid Drops & Whatnots
A collection of wickedly witty stamps for the world we live in today inspired by the art of yesterday

Saturday, 9 February 2013



I hope this post finds you all well if not warm.  It's a frantic time at the moment, our first show is coming up next week at 5 Lakes Resort in Maldon, setting up is the same day as the class and runs from Thursday to Saturday, the day after the show closes we are of to Birmingham for the Trades, and the magazine has just doubled the amount of projects they want before the end of the month.  At least I won't be bored!
 
I promised an easier class this week and lo, no acetate in sight. I've designed these 4 cards to be quick, simple, in both construction and style and to bring a hint of spring into a cold soggy February. This being me 'though, I have included a few design tricks to add to your repertoire that should come in handy when designing your own cards at home. Brown kraft card is a very hot look right now and I've been wanting to use this embossed kraft card for ages so I couldn't resist designing a card with it any longer. The cards are suitable for all skill levels including beginners.
 
The class takes place as always at The Old Fire Station in Hockley, Essex and runs from 7pm to 9.30 ish. Included in the class are all the materials needed to make the 4 cards, full colour printed step by step instructions, use of our tools and of course  refreshments. The cost of the class is still only £10. If you haven't put our name down already and would like to come, or you fancy giving us a try for the first time, just drop me an email and I'll add you to the list.