Welcome to the world of Acid Drops & Whatnots

Welcome to the world of Acid Drops & Whatnots
A collection of wickedly witty stamps for the world we live in today inspired by the art of yesterday

Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Harrogate, Hail and Soggy Soggy Lemurs



Well we're back from Harrogate and we seem to have brought the weather with us. It was a really great show and it was lovely to meet so many nice enthusiastic crafters. The journey home was another matter, mist, snow and heavy rain all the way home, (4 1/2 hours), unloading the car was a very soggy business. Monday dawned bright and clear and although I felt I could sleep for a week, I had to drag my sorry carcass out of bed early as my sister was taking us to the zoo, (for anyone old enough, I know it sounds like a song), to have a lecture on the monkey collection and hand feed the lemurs. It was sunny to start with but as soon as we got to the zoo, down came the rain in lashing torrents. When the rain had given us it's best shot the hailstones took over. Thankfully the lemurs where more concerned with their furry little stomachs than getting wet and came out to crawl all over us, brilliant!