Welcome to the world of Acid Drops & Whatnots

Welcome to the world of Acid Drops & Whatnots
A collection of wickedly witty stamps for the world we live in today inspired by the art of yesterday

Sunday, 24 March 2013

Wednesday's Class Projects

 I promised the girls an inky stampy class with an antique distressed feel, and I've had fun playing around with my stamp collection and my distress pads. The purple butterfly card is using a Crafty individuals stamp and a very old stamp wording stamp by Laura Ashley. The butterflies are spot embossed with Holographic embossing powder.
 This second card is also using a Crafty Individuals stamp as well as a Sandy lion Kelly Pannaci set and a very old Stampington bottles stamp. I never throw anything away, which is good when it comes to having a wide variety of stamps and papers but not so good when it's taken over the entire house!
The last card is made with one of my favourite images, the PSX postcard stamp. See, I told you I never throw anything, I don't know if it's just me, but PSX stamps are so timeless. The images are so delicate and well drawn and the construction always makes me want to stroke them. I had a customer once who bought loads and loads of PSX stamps, she never stamped with them, they all lived in display cases that her husband made and she got a lot of enjoyment just looking at them. I still have and still use, my first ever PSX stamp, the large Pansy botanical that I bought well over 15 years ago. It's battered and blackened, but to me that doesn't matter as it shows the Stirling service it has given me over the years of classes and cardmaking and demo's. It's seen changing styles and techniques in stamping and colouring, it's been plumped, decoupaged, stamped into ultra thick embossing powder, you name it and it's done it. What's your favourite stamp of all and why?