Welcome to the world of Acid Drops & Whatnots

Welcome to the world of Acid Drops & Whatnots
A collection of wickedly witty stamps for the world we live in today inspired by the art of yesterday

Saturday, 2 March 2013

Playing truant and flying owls


I'm off playing truant again tomorrow, I'm gong to spend the morning learning how to fly owls and birds of prey in Lavenham, Suffolk with my mum and sister. It was a Christmas present to mum and me from my sister Deb who is coming along with a camera so hopefully I'll have some pictures to add to the timeline soon. I'm really looking forward to it as I've seen many bird displays and even stroked a few but I've never actually handled or flown them. So I'm off for an early night as it's a very early start in the morning! Another of our presents from Deb is a lecture and tour of the Monkeys in Paradise Park, Herts, followed by going in with the lemurs and hand feeding them. I've done this before, for my 50th birthday, a gift from Niki and her family and I really loved it. The downside is it's the morning after the Harrogate show and a 4 hour drive. Red Bull here I come!